Hotel close to the Hospices de Beaune
In the heart of the vineyards of Burgundy
In order to facilitate the discovery of our beautiful city of Beaune and Burgundy, we have set up a section with “tourist information”.
Visits, excellent restaurants in Beaune, everything is done to offer you the keys to the city. Team of the Hostellerie de Bretonnière will be pleased to help you in your search.
The Route of the Grands Crus and wine tourism
The Route of the Grands Crus is a very popular itinerary for lovers of wines and wine tourism. Along the Côte de Nuits and the Côte de Beaune, 37 wine-growing villages are located between Dijon and Santenay.
Beaune, the capital of Burgundy wines, is a city which is highly appreciated by the aficionados of Burgundy wines.
Some ideas of wine cellars to visit:
Within 5 minutes walking distance from our property, discover the historical centre of the city of Beaune, dating back to the Middle Ages. Fall under the spell of this city of arts and its cultural heritage.
The must-sees in Beaune:
- The Hospices de Beaune and their Hôtel-Dieu
- The bastions of the Hospices
- The collegiate Basilica Notre-Dame and its tapestries
- The Burgundy Wine Museum
- The ramparts of Beaune
- The Museum of Fine Arts
- Visiotrain which allows an effortless discovery of Beaune
- Parc de la Bouzaize
- Beaune Côté Plage
Good ideas for visits to the environs:
- The Château du Clos de Vougeot
- The Château de La Rochepot
- The Château de Pommard
- The Château de Meursault
- The Abbey of Cîteaux and its cheese
- The Palace of the Dukes in Dijon
Our culinary favourites:
Beaune and Burgundy also stand for culinary delights such as cheeses, mustard and snails.
- The Cassissium in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- The Moutarderie Fallot (in the same street as our hotel)
- Veuve Ambal and its sparkling wines in Montagny-lès-Beaune
The cheesemaker Gaugry in Gevrey-Chambertin
Sports and leisure activities
The Hostellerie de Bretonnière is ideally located to practice sports during a stay in our country house in town.
Let yourself be tempted by:
- An idyllic excursion on foot,by bike or car in the vineyards
- Burgundy Bike Tour
- Beaune à Solex
- A hot air balloon flight
- Golf de Levernois
Massages and Spa Shambali in Beaune
The cultural events in Beaune
Beaune boasts many different festivals:
- Thriller Film Festival
- Silent Movie Festival
- International Baroque Music Festival
- Jazz Festival
- Boogie Woogie Blues Festival
And other events such as:
- The wine auction at the Hospices de Beaune
- The chapters of Clos de Vougeot (famous meals organised by the Tastevin Brotherhood)
- The Saint-Vincent Tournante (annual wine festival in a wine-growing village in Burgundy)
- The Grands Jours de Bourgogne (wine tasting)